Is this your Best Friend?
Friends are the family we choose for ourselves and your best friend needs to chosen very carefully.
Life is too short to pick a close friend that just doesn’t have the essential traits that every bestie should have.
Here are 10 essential characteristics for every good bestie:
- Be free to be jealous. If they are truly your best friend then they should be jealous of everything you do. They want to be like you, act like you but always knowing they can never actually be you.
- Extremely Judgmental. A true best friend always has something to say about the other friends in your group. And why not – you and your bestie think you are pretty perfect.
- A good listener. If they want the position as your bestie, they must be able to listen to the gossip and report back all the back stabbing they hear about you.
4. Sense of humour. This is essential that your best friend can laugh at your jokes and to always be happy to be the butt of your jokes at a party.
5. Always have your back. A true friend will happily wait around for you at a party while you say goodbye to your boyfriend for the tenth time.
6. Be supportive. When analysing the qualities of a best friend, picking someone who has more money than you and always happy to shout you drinks when you are out.
7. Know how to keep a secret. A real friend has absolutely no idea what a secret actually is.
8. Understand forgiveness. Friends can get in disagreements from time to time but a good friend will understand that you are always right and this is not negotiable.
9. Be Trustworthy. When you are out and you need someone to hold your bag, the best friend to have is one who will hold all your money and only spend theirs.
10. Love you for you. This is most essential quality of a best friend. Through all the happy times, all the sad times, the ‘I hate you times’ and the ‘I can’t cope with life’ times, this person will always love you just the way you are. A true friend loves your heart, loves your kindness, loves your faults and loves your craziness and never wants to change anything about you.