Parenting Teenagers is so easy (says no one ever)
I am little Miss Positive. Just check out my picture and you can see for yourself. I will admit that parenting teenagers is one of hardest things I have had to do.
- I believe the glass is half full.
- I believe if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything.
- I believe in controlling what we can, and stop worrying about what we can’t control.
- I believe parenting teenagers should not be this challenging.
OK, so have I convinced you yet that I am generally a positive person.
ARGH – this parenting teenagers thingy is NOT EASY
In my house lives a family of 6 people – 3 boys and 3 girls. Amongst the family of 6 people are 3 teenagers and 1 tween. I am out numbered and I am exhausted. I knew parenting teenagers was not going to be a walk in the park but I never expected it to be this challenging and this constant. There are so many other things in the world that are much easier to do than parent a teen.
Some days I walk on eggshells just in case I say something wrong or make a suggestion that one of my teenagers doesn’t like. Some mornings it takes them ALL an hour before they actually look at me and say hello. Some nights all I hear is fighting constantly until they head to bed (oh that is now so bloody late that often I am in bed first).
Here is a list of 10 things that are easier than parenting teenagers:
- Having root canal at the dentist without any anaesthetic.
- Giving birth to triplets
- Listening to a screaming toddler have a tantrum on a long haul flight
- Dancing in stilettos all night while holding a champagne and not spilling a drop
- Cleaning up a baby’s poo explosion without any nappy wipes
- Drinking shitty cold coffee
- Wearing a skin-tight sexy dress after winning a pie eating competition
- Dieting at Christmas time
- Sticking tooth picks under your finger nails
- Swimming with great white sharks.
I love my teenagers but some days the exhaustion gets to me.
Is parenting as easy as you thought?