Boost your mental energy
Strong mental health is essential for living a healthy lifestyle. Looking after your physical health is an important piece of the puzzle but your mental health is often the factor that controls your entire being. When you are physically healthy, you are focusing on the only the home. When you are also mentally healthy, you are also focusing on the heart and soul of the home.
Boosting your mental energy is like a workout for the brain. It takes practise and patience and should start to become a natural part of your daily routine. Try working on these 10 ways to boost your mental energy:
- Think positively. When you think positive, you start to feel positive. Energy often builds on itself – either positive energy or negative energy. When you begin thinking about life and its challenges in a positive way, the positive energy slow starts to build and grow, gaining a momentum which can be difficult to stop.
- Surround yourself with amazing people. The time is right to create relationships that make you happy and allow your mental energy to develop positively. Letting go of people who no longer allow you to grow and drain you of all your energy is not selfish, it is liberating. In order to move on, you need to let go of the people who steal your mental energy and stay with those who make you feel good about being you.
- Stimulate the mind. This is a workout for the brain. Challenge yourself by learning a new skill that requires a little more thinking than what you are used to. Healthy stimulation shouldn’t cause fatigue but should take you out of your comfort zone.
- Be grateful. This can be practised every day and at any time. Being grateful in life adds a level of peace and calmness in the mind, boosting your mental energy and guiding you to make better decisions for your personal growth.
- Work on what you can control. Learn to let go of what you cannot control and start focusing on what you can change. A lot of energy is wasted on things that cannot be changed (even if we desperately want them to) and this results in negative energy and limited personal development.
- Meditate. Learning to be with just you and your thoughts in a calm, de-cluttered environment should be a daily goal. Life is busy, I get that, but life shouldn’t be too busy for you.
- Start saying no. There is only so many hours in a day and so many activities that can be achieved. Being a people pleaser is not healthy for your mental energy and in the end, you are the only one that suffers the effects.
- Exercise your brain. Information is the key to success and information in the form of reading is like treating your brain with chocolate. Like any form of routine, begin by reading anything – magazines, newspapers and work your way up to more challenging texts.
- Understand your emotions. Emotions drain your of much of your energy. When you can understand your emotions and when you’re most emotional, you can start to alter your own personal routine to work around this. There is nothing wrong with emotions, however understanding how these alter your energy levels can be a good way to change your routine, allowing the emotions to no longer control your way of life.
- Make your passions your power. Start living your life for you by allowing yourself to play, laugh and live your passion. The happy endorphins love to come out and play when you are being stimulated in a positive way and this only boosts your mental energy, making life a wonderful place to be.
Are you good at nurturing you? How do you boost your mental energy?
Linking up with Kylie Purcell for #IBOT