I am always trying to find ways to help strengthen my mental health. I run for my mental health. I eat healthy for my mental health. I read for my mental health. Often I am exhausted just trying to keep myself from having a breakdown.
Sometimes it’s easy to just live by a list that is simple and not difficult to follow.
- It’s OK not be OK. Never be afraid to admit it. This such a difficult thing to do for so many people but essential for healing.
- Failure is not a negative thing, it is a learning experience. I often struggle with this one as I am often a bit of a perfectionist, especially when it comes to my work. If I feel I haven’t done as well as I expect, or others expect, I can look at it as failing, not learning.
- Saying NO to people is OK. Yep, No No No. I am getting much better at this every day.
- You don’t have to fix everything on your own. I have many people I can turn to, rely on and the more I ask, the easier it becomes.
- There is no shame in needing medication. The truth is medication can be the difference between living and just surviving.
- Happiness does not equal perfection. Perfection often causes anxiety and stress. Learning to drop the perfectionism may make life a little happier.
- Don’t always believe what you think. Let your brain take a chill sometimes and stop over thinking things.
- Accept help when offered. ALWAYS.
- Time for yourself is not a sign of selfishness. Many women struggle with taking some time for themselves but a little time often makes you a happier person.
- Talk to yourself as you would your best friend. Listen to what you are saying to yourself and how critical you are being. Have you ever spoken to a friend in the same negative way?
- Seeking help is not a sign of weakness. Just like being offered help, never be afraid to seek it either.
- Celebrate little achievements. This is a great way to take baby steps to becoming a better you.
- Chaos in life is normal. My life is always chaotic.
- Show gratitude at least once a day. Taking a little moment each day, to really look at what you have, why you are here and all you have to offer the world.
- Let those around you inspire you. Inspiration makes the world a much nicer place.
Enjoy these 15 ways to help improve your mental health.
Linking up with Kylie Purtell for IBOT