Monday – stop hating Monday
I am naturally a positive person and try to see life as ‘the glass is half full.’ I read positive quotes, happy quotes, inspirational quotes and convince myself that I have a pretty good life. And I do.
Somehow though, Monday bloody Monday seems to come around once a week and I often struggle through it.
That feeling you get when you go to bed on a Sunday night after a great weekend, knowing it is over for another 5 long days.
The feeling you can’t escape when you wake up Monday morning and look at the week ahead.
You try to convince yourself you are in fact a Monday person and it is one of your favourite days of the week. (Seriously, who are you kidding).
I’ve devised a full proof plan to make Monday’s a positive day and give you back the power for the week.
Here are 5 ways to stop hating Monday:
- Pick another day to hate instead. I’ve worked so hard on being a happy bubbly person on a Monday, that it’s now Tuesday that brings me down.
- Treat yourself every Monday. This is where everyone goes wrong. Diets begin on Monday. No alcohol for the week begins on Monday. That amazing fitness plan begins on Monday. The new family rules/timetable begin on Monday. No wonder we hate Monday. Way too much pressure is put on us. Give yourself a little treat every Monday to help make the day enjoyable.
- Be that person everyone wants to be around. You know the type, always smiling and happy and positive. Think about it. Everyone else around you is grumpy, negative and feeling sorry for themselves. If you live every Monday as the opposite to everyone else, people will be drawn to you and want to be around you. Just think how popular you will become.
- Lie lie lie. Convince yourself that it is not actually Monday and that it is Friday. Wear that Friday attitude proudly and only at the end of the day, when you head to bed will you begin to realise that it was Monday and you still have four more days until Friday.
- Listen to your favourite 80’s hit. Start your Monday morning with a quick trip down memory lane. Pick a song that makes you feel good, pump up the volume and sing like no one is listening.
Hopefully if you begin doing these 5 things, you will stop hating Monday and your week will start in a more positive way.
What do you do to help you stop hating Monday?