Maybe annoy is too harsh a word.
Let me start off by saying that I love my family, this I am sure of. They are my world blah blah blah, well you know the rest. But I am getting a little over being the only one in my household who seems to care about the place we live in. It annoys me. I don’t just mean on cleaning day (yes we have a cleaning day and every cleaning day the kids all complain, pull faces and whinge that life is so unfair. I would like to come home from a busy day and be able to look around and sigh… “ahh my house looks wonderful and I love my family”.
I don’t know about you guys, but when my house is tidy, I instantly feel more relaxed as I know that is one less thing I have to do. I am probably living in fantasy land thinking that with 4 kids in the house, a husband who does shift work and a dog, I could possibly have a have decent looking home most of the time. So I am going to focus on the little things that drive me crazy.
Here is my simple list of
8 10 things that annoy me:
- Take the rubbish out when bin is full. Instead, everyone puts another bit of rubbish on top of the pile, being very careful not to let it fall to the ground so they can claim that the bin wasn’t full when they put rubbish in it.Its like a gameofJenga, whoever makes it fall, takes out the trash.
- Change the toilet paper roll. When you have finished doing your business, and you realise you have used the last of the toilet paper, PLEASE put on a new roll for the next person, because I guarantee there will be another person along very soon.
- While we are in the toilet – stop peeing on the floor. I wake up, eyes still closed and walk to the toilet putting the seat down (for some reason this doesn’t annoy me), I sit down with eyes still closed and the next thing I know my feet are wet. Yuk Yuk Yuk. Clean it up boys.
- We have a dishwasher – use it. I don’t understand why you can walk the bowl over to the sink (dishwasher is right next to the sink) and place it in the sink and think that is OK. All you are saying is “MUM” will pick it up out of the sink and bend over to place it in the dishwasher.
- If your clothes aren’t dirty, don’t just throw them in the wash basket because you are too lazy to put them away. I do a load a day and sometimes I notice the same pair of jeans keep finding its way into the basket yet I haven’t seen them worn once.
- Pick up your lego. Do you know how much it hurts when you are walking around in bare feet and you step on a tiny, almost microscopic piece of lego… ouch. You played with it, now pick it up.
- Make your own beds. I don’t think this is too much to ask. You slept in it and you will sleep in it again, so just make some sort of effort to make it. I’m not even fussed how well you do it, just do it for me so we don’t look like a feral family if someone pops over for a visit. Instructions: shake the donna, spread on the bed, place pillow somewhere on bed.
- Stop leaving spit in the sink. When you brush your teeth (and yes kids I am proud that you all brush your teeth) please rinse your spit down the sink. I don’t want to see toothpaste spit mixed with cereal or juice when I am in the bathroom.
- While I am complaining about the bathroom – pick up your towel. So not hard. If you are smart enough, you can actually hang it up as soon as you are finished with it then you don’t even have to pick it up from there floor. Such a time saver I am.
- Close the front door. Do we live in a tent (now I sound like my mum)? No we don’t live in a tent, we live in a house which has a front door and this door should be closed after using.
Ahhhh. Rant is over.
If all 6 members of my family did all these tasks everyday, our beautiful house would stay beautiful most of the time.
What things annoy you about your family? Come one be honest
It’s very annoying when you talk about how great you are with technology, and you do a lot. There is a limit to how much bragging you’re allocated for the one topic for a period of time and you have probably crossed it. Every time I am doing something on my iPad or laptop, you bring it up and since I am on the two a lot, you do quite a bit of bragging. Maybe cut back on that a bit. Love Ashlea