I have learnt more about myself in the past 2 years than in my entire 42 years. I have learnt to love myself. I have learnt to be honest with myself. I have learnt that I am not always right – not even close. I have learnt that just because I think people should do something, doesn’t mean they will do it.
think know blogging has helped me with learning as this is the one place I am honest – finally honest with myself. Blogging is like my therapist and I feel I can open up. So many times I want to help guide my children (especially my teenagers) in the direction I think is suitable but I know teenagers don’t always want to be told, they just want us to listen to them. So I have started by writing a little to my daughters about what I have learnt and maybe this will help them understand who I am a little more.
Dear Ashlea & Breanna,
My beautiful girls who I love more than I love myself. The day you entered my life, you changed me into a thoughtful, loving & generous woman who can never go back to the person she was. I am scared about what life will throw at you and can only hope life will be gentle and kind. I know this will not always be the case but with the love surrounding you, it will make you stronger and survive longer. Some things I have learnt about myself that I would love to share with you as one day you may need these words I put before you.
- Nothing lasts forever and understanding this early in life helps you move on.
- The only person who can truly make you happy is you. Once you love you, everything else seems a little brighter.
- There is no such thing as luck – you make your own luck. Believe in this and you will go far.
- Everyday you need something to smile and laugh about.
- Worrying about problems does not change them. Do something to make that change and the problems begin to slowly disappear.
- Your mental health is vital – if something or someone is not healthy for you, let them go.
- Choose a partner who wants to see you win every time and is not afraid to be around a strong, beautiful and intelligent woman like you.
- A man does not make you complete – you make yourself complete. It’s OK to be single.
- Trying to be right all the time is boring.
- Helping other people makes your heart grow stronger and life happier.
- Trust your gut – if it feels wrong it probably is so don’t be stupid enough and do it.
- Never underestimate the power of friendship – women are amazing creatures.
- Give to the community as you never know when you need the community’s help in return.
- Remember where you cam from and try not to embarrass your family.
- Mum is
always sometimesoccasionally right too.
I love you my precious girls, my daughters and I want the best for you always. Never be afraid to ask questions and never be afraid of the answers.
Love always and forever
Linking up with Essentially Jess