Being a mum to 4 beautiful children….. blah blah blah…
I’ve heard it all before and well, I am not interested in writing all the good stuff about being a loving parent. Sometimes it sucks and nothing you say will make it any different. Where am I going wrong?
Recently I changed jobs and now work full-time (first time since I became a mum 15 years ago). Every week when the money comes in I cheer and scream and mentally spend all that money. Ok, it’s not that much money but it has made a huge difference in our lives. It has been a big adjustment for everyone and I am trying to do my best to accommodate my family.
I have asked myself for the past week,
For the past 6 weeks of working full-time, I have added more to my daily life (like hours and days of PAID work) and I am trying desperately to think of what I have eliminated in my life to balance out the hours spent elsewhere.
Let’s take a look:
- Work Monday – Friday
- Laundry – still do a load/day now put in machine before I leave and take out of machine when I get home.
- School lunches – no longer make in the morning (no time), now make at night before I go to bed.
- Cooking dinner – Slow cooker ready in the morning or pre-prepare late the night before.
- House cleaning – This now happens on the weekend, usually Saturday.
- Kids sporting activities – Every night of the week we have training or a game. Saturday 3 games and Sunday 2 games. Oh – that’s 7 days/week.
- Taxi service – as you can see from above comment, every day.
- Exercising – get up 5:30am 4 mornings/week to fit it in.
- Catching up with friends – I run in, stay for a quick drink, then run back out to attend to my family.
- Homework – every night I whinge like a feral cat to at least one of my kids to complete their homework.
- Reading – I get to bed around 11pm, read for 10 minutes and fall asleep.
- Writing – Ummmmm, do you mean the book I have been working on? Never.
- Blogging – early in the morning on my day off exercising. Late at night after kids are done. My lunch break at work.
Where am I going wrong?
As you can see, just a tad busy.
To add to this, my kids have complained and my hubby and I keep fighting. This is a snapshot of comments:
- “Mum are you ever going to watch my basketball again?”
- “You have not spent anytime with me.” (this one I loved)
- “Mum those black bags under your eyes are getting bigger.”
- “Where is my footy top? I put it in the wash and it still hasn’t been done.”
- “Are you going out again?”
- “Why are you always cranky lately?”
- “I’m sick of helping out all the time.”
Where am I going wrong?
Any advice will be considered but too much might make me cry….