I thrive on Positive Energy
There are many things that I am not good at. When I do not get any positive energy from things then I know they are not right for me. I’m always happy to delegate these things to someone else. Here is a small example of things that I can proudly say I am not good at:
- watching my kids train in their respective sports
- sitting still
- switching off
- anything crafty
- kids parties
- dusting the house
- weeding the garden
- spelling (being a writer this makes no sense but I have been nervous about my spelling skills since a child )
As you can there are many things that I can’t do or when I do them, they take all my energy and I find I hate it. Life is too short to have all your energy taken so it is time to let some of these things go. In a perfect world, this is what I would do to turn this list into a ‘positive energy’ list:
- Get my husband to cook every night (he almost does this now)
- Car pool with other parents who like their kids more than I do (I love you kids, just not training)
- This is easy, keep moving
- Learn how to meditate
- Head over to Kmart and buy what I need, already complete
- Stop parties altogether or get the kids to organise their own parties.
- Pay for a cleaner
- Pay for a gardener.
Already I can feel more positive energy coming into my life. Now for things which I would consider to be my strengths. These are the things in life that give me energy, my passions.
This list is small but real:
- I am a good emotional writer.
- I am a loyal friend who wears her heart on her sleeve.
- I am an awesome Mum.
- I am a hard worker
- I am a positive and empathetic person.
I am not ashamed to tell the world that these are the things I am good at. I believe in myself and I have reminded myself of this everyday in January by posting it to Instagram.
What are your ‘positive energy’ strengths?