Having a baby is one of the most exciting and scary times in your life. From the moment you pee on that little white stick and see the 2 pink lines, your life starts to take a different route and never heads back in the same direction.
There are so many experts out there that give an array of advice from what to eat during a pregnancy to what is the best way to give birth to the perfect age to feed your child solid foods. With all this advice, you would think having a baby should be pretty easy. Just tick the box as your progress through each stage and off you go to have a beautiful healthy baby.
There is no right or wrong way to have a baby but there is always someone else out there who
will tell you, kindly advise you that you are doing it all wrong. Through out all of my pregnancies, I heard some of the best advice so I thought I would share some with you.
So you are having a baby… let’s talk as this is a serious matter:
- If you get mad when you are pregnant, your baby will have issues forming happy relationships with other people.
- Having sex when you are pregnant can cause damage to the baby as the penis will surely hit the baby on the head.
- Don’t go out during an eclipse when pregnant, this causes a cleft lip
- Sex brings on labour (definitely made up by a man).
- Do not wax your legs during pregnancy, it really hurts the baby.
- If you are angry when breast feeding, you can poison the milk and this will cause the baby to reject you.
- Sticking the baby’s ears back with sticky tape will stop the baby’s ears from poking out too much.
- Give a 3 month old baby a tiny sip of orange juice as this will increase the baby’s appetite.
- If your baby is crying too much it is because you are holding the baby too much – apparently this hurts the baby.
- Tickling the baby’s feet will cause them to get a stutter when they are older.
- A little brandy for a teething baby will help the baby sleep (ummm it helps me sleep too).
- Toilet training begins with newborns and should be complete by the time they are 2 years old
- Spoiling a child teaches them that they will get their own way most of the time (well this happens in my house and I don’t think I spoil them).
So there you have it. Just a few old wives tales that are COMPLETELY TRUE.
Do you have any old wives tales you would like to share those having a baby?