Like most women who love living a full and busy life, being stressed can become a natural part of daily living. There are lots of ways to reduce your stress but I have a secret weapon when it comes to my stress relief. Today I am going share just a snippet of my stress relief and I hope you feel a little less tense and have a laugh along the way.
Are you ready for my secret? Here it is:
FLYNN- my No. 4 child (8yrs old)
This kid will never die of a heart attack as he never worries about anything. Every week he does something that makes me laugh and remember just how silly life can be. A friend has given a name to what my son does – FLYNNISMs. So here are just a few Flynnisms for your enjoyment and your stress relief.
- Flynn is at school and has his jacket on and done up but it gets wet so the school Principal tells him to take it off. He has NO T-shirt underneath so the Principal asks where his top is…”Mum doesn’t like to do my laundry“…. WTF
- Racing around one miserable winters morning I scream “Flynn get your school shoes on“. The next thing I hear a flopping noise coming down the hall and there is Flynn wearing FLIPPERS. “What are you doing?” I ask. “I couldn’t find my shoes Mum and these are perfect for walking in puddles.” – WTF
- We are heading out to his basketball match and I ask Flynn to grab a jacket as it is cold. He comes out with a suit jacket on. WTF
- Watching the movie Titanic at the cinema and it’s the scene where the little boats come back to see if anyone is still alive in the freezing water. The guy is shouting “Is there anyone out there? Can anyone hear me?” and Flynn screams back at the screen “I can“
- “Flynn can you please do up your shoe laces up?” I ask. He manages to do one up and then runs off. “What about the other shoe?” I yell after him. “Nah, I don’t need to. Only one foot works…” WTF
- We are at the horse races one day and as we are leaving the track to go home Flynn sees a police car and says to me, “Mum, there’s the cops. Act normal.” WTF
- Flynn saw this picture on a bus and say..”Mum she looks just like you. Except she has brown hair and wears different sunglass – Oh and you don’t own a plane“. WTF (Oh I do love this kid)
- Flynn says to me, “Mum, your stomach looks different to mine. A kids tummy is flat. When you get older it’s like your tummy gets more skin.” Hmmm WTF
- Flynn writes a note to the tooth fairy “I have lost my tooth, but then I literally lost the tooth – sorry.”
- I am painting the hallway one day and Flynn says, “Mum, you are the best painter I have ever seen.” “Oh Thanks buddy” I reply. “Yeah but Mum you are the only painter I have ever seen”.
- Flynn gives me a cuddle and says “Mum, who do you love more, me or the dog?” Ohhhh
- “Flynn, while your Dad is away, you are the man of the house.” Flynn says, “ahh (as he puts his hands behind his head), that means I can do nothing.” WTF
I have so many stories over the 8 short years that this kid has said and they always make me laugh, make me smile. He is my secret to stress relief.
Linking up with Essentially Jess for team #IBOT