As I sit here at my Mac, leisurely working on this brilliant post with my perfectly manicured nails, dressed in my Jimmy Choo flats, my gorgeous Country Road longline tunic and my stylish Levi jeans, I ponder the secret to happiness.
Hang on, hang on…. that is not the truth. First thing, who can actually afford Jimmy Choo flats (umm not me but my sister gave me a pair of hers so I have a second-hand pair). Secondly my nails look like crap. Thirdly I don’t even know what the word leisure means.
The secret to happiness is very different BEFORE and AFTER you have children.
Here is the BEFORE secrets:
- It’s clear the ultimate source of happiness is warm-heartedness (Dalai Lama)
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony (Mahatma Gandhi)
- Happiness can only exist in acceptance ( George Orwell)
- Most folks are only as happy as they make their minds up to be ( Abraham Lincoln)
- Fun is good (Dr Seuss)
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart (Confucius)
Does anyone actually understand any of these quotes – or actually care once you have kids?
The secret to happiness AFTER you have kids:
cheers natalie xxx